Excel tuition and related expenses
Excel Tuition and Fees (Estimated)/Per Year
*Tuition is inclusive of voluntary student fees for campus access.
|Fee||In-state / per year||Out-of-state / per year|
Georgia Tech Cost Estimates Per Year
*Required books, supplies, computer, cell phone, personal expenses, and room and board, are not included. Please note fees are subject to change.
|Dining Hall Meal Plans||$5,200|
|On-Campus Housing (dormitories with shared rooms and baths)||$7,000-$10,000 (school year)|
|Privately-owned Student Housing (Suites are furnished with private rooms, baths, kitchen, and common area.)||$12,000-$16,000 for 12 month leases (costs vary)|
Students with an intellectual or developmental disability, who are enrolled in a CTP may receive funding from the Federal Pell Grant. Pell Grants are awarded based on financial need. Parent financial information is required for determination until a student is 24.
A CTP program for students with intellectual disabilities means a degree, certificate, or non-degree program that:
- is offered by a college or career school and approved by the U.S. Department of Education;
- is designed to support students with intellectual disabilities who want to continue academic, career, and independent living instruction to prepare for gainful employment;
- offers academic advising and a structured curriculum; and
- requires students with intellectual disabilities to participate, for at least half of the program, in
- regular enrollment in credit-bearing courses with nondisabled students,
- auditing or participating (with nondisabled students) in courses for which the student does not receive regular academic credit,
- enrollment in noncredit-bearing, non-degree courses with nondisabled students, or
- internships or work-based training with nondisabled individuals.
NEW IPSE Grant
In the Spring of 2023, the Georgia Legislature created a new Inclusive Postsecondary Education (IPSE) Grant, which awards Georgia residents a grant towards the cost of attending IPSE programs in Georgia. All incoming and returning students that meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply. EXCEL is working with Georgia Tech to ensure that students that qualify and apply can access the IPSE grants.
To learn more about the IPSE grants, please visit the GA Futures IPSE Grant website.
In order for students to quality, they will need to complete either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the online Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPP).
For the 2023-2024 school year, students will be eligible for $5,129.00 per semester of aid through the IPSE grant.
Georgia residency is established through Georgia Tech Registrar’s Office.
Privately Owned Student Housing Options
Excel has a limited number of on-campus dorms available. In addition, the following private housing developments options are available to GT students. These are not university-owned dormitories. All options are very close to the Scheller College of Business
- Midtown 100 - Website
- The Standard - Website
- Square on Fifth (across the street from the College of Business) - Website
- University House Midtown - Website
- Students are required to have a functional laptop with Microsoft 360 installed and a smartphone
- Laptops will be used in class
- For information on hardware technology requirements http://sco.gatech.edu/hardware-requirements/
- Smartphones will be used for various class assignments, communication, and for maintaining one's schedule in Google Calendar
- Please note that as Excel is a non-degree program. Georgia HOPE Scholarships are not available. Additional financial information and resources are available at http://www.thinkcollege.net/topics/paying-for-college