Excel Summer Academy 2023 Dates:
- Session 1: June 5th- 9th (Full – Waitlist Only)
- Session 2: June 20th-23rd
The Excel Summer Academy (ESA) is an opportunity for prospective students to experience a week in the life of an Excel student. During the week, campers will get the opportunity to take part in activities that will provide them with a better understanding of what college is like.
Activities include a
- Campus wide scavenger hunt
- Improv w/ Autism Improvised
- Career Panel w/ former and cureent Excel students
- Introduction to Coding w/ Microbits
- Design Thinking Exercises
- Health and Wellness with Georgia Tech's Nutritionists
- Cooking Sessions
- Team Building at Georgia Tech's Leadership Course
- CRC Tour
- Exploring Atlanta (previous camps have gone to the Atlanta Zoo, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, or Civil Rights Museum)
- GT Athletics
- GT Spirit and Traditions with the Reck Club
- And much more....
The camp is a weeklong day camp focused on rising high school junior, seniors, or recent graduates with I/DD. The ESA also offers an opportunity for campers to meet current Excel students, mentors, staff, and potential classmates. In addition, the ESA allows staff to get to know the campers better, which may take some pressure off the interview and application process.
Whether you’re still in high school or already accepted to start in the Fall, the camp allows students to get more comfortable with campus, build relationships, and experience what Excel would provide as a full-time student.
There will be two weeks available for the Excel Summer Academy 2023. The options are June 5th-9th and June 19th-23rd. To apply, please complete the application below. After applications are reviewed, we will contact each camper for a brief virtual interview. Admission will be completed on a rolling basis. We appreciate your interest in the Excel Summer Academy and hope to have you join us this year!