The Excel Summer Academy (ESA) is an opportunity for prospective students to experience a week in the life of an Excel student. During the week, campers will get the opportunity to take part in activities that will provide them with a better understanding of what college is like.
Activities include a
- Campus wide scavenger hunt
- Improv w/ Autism Improvised
- Career Panel w/ former and cureent Excel students
- Introduction to Coding w/ Microbits
- Design Thinking Exercises
- Health and Wellness with Georgia Tech's Nutritionists
- Cooking Sessions
- Team Building at Georgia Tech's Leadership Course
- CRC Tour
- Exploring Atlanta (previous camps have gone to the Atlanta Zoo, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, or Civil Rights Museum)
- GT Athletics
- GT Spirit and Traditions with the Reck Club
- And much more....
The camp is a weeklong day camp focused on rising high school junior, seniors, or recent graduates with I/DD. The ESA also offers an opportunity for campers to meet current Excel students, mentors, staff, and potential classmates. In addition, the ESA allows staff to get to know the campers better, which may take some pressure off the interview and application process.
Whether you’re still in high school or already accepted to start in the Fall, the camp allows students to get more comfortable with campus, build relationships, and experience what Excel would provide as a full-time student.
Week 1 of Excel's Summer Academy 2022 will be June 6th - 10th and Week 2 will be June 27th - July 1st. The cost of camp is $500, which covers all meals, transportation, t-shirts, and any additional expenses. If you’re interested in attending or have any questions, please contact Excel Camp and Mentorship Program Coordinator, Luke Roman at email@example.com